We offer more than just another job.
Northeast Bank was the proud recipient of the 2012 People Development Award as recognized by the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce. The Bank was also selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2012 and 2013. Northeast Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on job titles below to see full description
Position: Credit Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares thorough credit analysis on a wide range of customers and loan types through preparation of written credit presentations and annual reviews. Works with lenders to ensure files are complete and actively participates in loan committees. Completes quarterly reports on relationships with higher risk. Monitors receipt of monthly borrowing bases and tracks covenant compliance.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works directly with lenders to prepare loan committee credit presentations, annual reviews, and other correspondence and memos, including those that do and do not require loan committee approval, on new and existing relationships. This process includes a thorough analysis of financial performance, both historical and projected, collateral evaluation, payment history, management capacity and ability, economic and competitive influences, risk rating assessment, and covenant establishment and compliance. Assists lenders in identifying cross-selling opportunities on credit presentations and attends off-site client calls with lenders as requested to assist in analysis. Presents credit to committee in lender's absence.
2. Works with Lender to identify items needed to complete analysis and update file to ensure completeness of file. Works directly with the borrower when necessary to obtain additional information.
3. Participates in loan committee by providing added insight and answering any unresolved questions.
4. Works with others in analyst group to prepare quarterly reports on loan relationships risk-rated watch or worse. These reports include an analysis of the borrower's repayment capacity, current collateral valuations, and other pertinent factors in assessing and measuring the risk associated with the relationship. Work with lenders to formulate and track progress of action plans associated with each relationship.
5. Monitors receipt of monthly borrowing bases, along with tracking of borrowing base formula compliance, and updating internal tracking systems.
Minimum 4-year college degree, with emphasis in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related field.
A minimum of one year of commercial credit analysis experience is preferred, though experience in other aspects of banking and / or credit analysis will be considered.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to other staff and customers.
- Ability to multi-task and organize priorities.
- Strong computer literacy including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintain high level of focus and accuracy
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to work at a fast pace with high accuracy
- Requires near vision
- Noise level in the area is usually moderate
- Must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk and hear to perform the job
How To Apply
1. To apply by email:
Note: email is not secure, and confidential or personal information should not be communicated in this manner.
Benefits for full time & part time over 20 hours/week:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) and Employment Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Free parking
- Professional work environment
- Friendly employees
- Flexible hours (depending upon position)
- Advancement potential
Thank you for your interest in Northeast Bank. If you have been referred to us by an employee, please tell us who referred you.
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.