We offer more than just another job.
Northeast Bank was the proud recipient of the 2012 People Development Award as recognized by the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce. The Bank was also selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2012 and 2013. Northeast Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on job titles below to see full description
Commercial Loan Officer
Position: Commercial Loan Officer
Location: Coon Rapids
POSITION SUMMARY: Solicit for loans, deposits, cash management, and other financial products. Originate, process and service commercial loans.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contact prospects and customers for new business, including both loan and commercial deposits. Contact levels will be sufficient to ensure relationship building, and at a minimum will meet customer retention calling and prospecting objectives established by management. Independent business development drives production, but referrals from others may contribute to obtaining production objectives.
2. Interview customers and new loan applicants, gathering appropriate information for a thorough financial analysis and analyze credit worthiness.
3. Establish structure of loans within framework of loan policy and extended commercial loans up to stated lending limit. Administer credit quality of portfolio within objectives. Manage technical exceptions within acceptable parameters. Ensure that proper documentation is completed, specifically including approval requirements.
4. Working with the credit analyst team, ensure credit presentations contain sufficient, accurate information to facilitate an efficient decision making process by lending authorities. Responsible for presenting to lending authorities.
5. Monitor loans in repayment and collect loans in default. Implement and execute work out plans as directed.
6. Working more independently, entertain larger and/or more complex loan requests for approval or denial as per the loan policy of the Bank.
OTHER KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Actively participate in Bank committees as assigned by management and the Board of Directors. Participate in assigned bank or department projects in a committed professional manner.
2. Read sufficient daily, weekly, monthly publications to be properly informed and able to converse about pertinent economic, governmental, and community related matters.
3. Performs a minimum number of CRA hours annually.
4. Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience, with emphasis in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Previous concentrated credit training.
- A minimum of 5-10 years commercial lending experience.
- A minimum of 3 years Commercial Credit Administration/Credit Analysis/Loan Review
- Able to read and interpret loan documentation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Windows products;
- Team orientation and the ability to adapt in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivation, good organization skills, and excellent communication and phone skills.
- Exceptional level of customer service
- Required to comply with the SAFE Act, including successful initial and ongoing registration in the Registry
- Maintain loan portfolio at established volumes
- Drive deposit sales generation that meets established objectives.
- Actively participate in the sales culture of the organization, by appropriately using sales tracking systems
- Maintain delinquencies at or below established levels
- Maintain technical exceptions at established levels
- Classified asset volume and portfolio risk weighing level will be maintained within parameters
- Loan Loss ratios at or below established levels
- Requires near vision
- Noise level in the area is usually moderate
- Must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk and hear to perform the job
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. "Other Key Performance Measures" are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
How To Apply
1. To apply by email:
Note: email is not secure, and confidential or personal information should not be communicated in this manner.
2. To apply by fax:
Fax us a cover letter, resume and Affirmative Action Form to Human Resources at 612-617-1307.
3. To apply by mail:
Send us a cover letter, resume and Affirmative Action Form to the address shown below, indicating the specific position in which you are interested.
Attn: Human Resources
77 Broadway St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413-1895
4. Complete an employment application at any of our locations:
Benefits for full time & part time over 20 hours/week:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) and Employment Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Free parking
- Professional work environment
- Friendly employees
- Flexible hours (depending upon position)
- Advancement potential
Thank you for your interest in Northeast Bank. If you have been referred to us by an employee, please tell us who referred you.
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.