News & Events
Bank Sponsored Events
Community Banking Day - Thursday, April 17
- FREE shredding service provided by First Shred at our Coon Rapids location from 11:00a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- FREE* computer recycling services provided by Our Revision Recycling at our Coon Rapids location from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- FREE cupcakes and coffee in all bank lobbies.
*$5 charge for CRT monitors. Visit www.ourvisionrecycling.com for a list of items that can be recycled.
Free Spirit Club Tour/Events
Spring Bingo Party and Education Series - Mobile Banking Security
Wednesday, April 9
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. OR 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room - Minneapolis Office
77 Broadway Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
(please enter through the Marshall Street door)
- Advanced registration is required and payment will be taken at the door.
- Cost: $2 for FSC members, $4 for Non-members
- We will start taking reservations when the Spring FSC Newsletter is mailed.
2014 Day Tours*
- The Day the Music Died Tour - May 7 - $69
- Udderly Important Tour - June 12 - $69
- MPR, Cambodian Temple Tour - July 23 - $69
- Mystery Tour - August 27 - $69
- Bluff Country of Mississippi - October 8 - $69
2014 Extended Tours*
- Best of Wisconsin Tour - June 4 - 6, Double $559 Each
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruise - July 20 - 28. Double $2,299+ Each
- Duluth and North Shore - September 17 - 18, Double $325 Each
- Rails of New England - October 3 - 10, Double $2,495+ Each
*Contact Kristy at 612-362-3249 if you are interested in receiving more information on our tours.
- On February 13, Northeast Bank staff volunteered at East Side Neighborhood Services Annual Senior Valentine Luncheon. The luncheon is held as a celebration of the contributions that our seniors make daily to the surrounding community.
- The Free Spirit Club Travel Spectacular was held on Wednesday, February 19. Approximately 140 Free Spirit Club members and their guests enjoyed a pasta meal while learning about the great 2014 tours being offered by Jefferson Tours and Premier World Tours. Contact Kristy at 612-362-3249 if you are interested in receiving more information on FSC tours.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal ranked Northeast Bank as #21 of the top 25 metro-area SBA Lenders and as #16 of the top 25 metro-area women-owned businesses.
- Northeast Bank participated in East Side Neighborhood Service's Holiday Gift Drive. Donation bins were set up in our Minneapolis office. Items collected through the Bank had an estimated value of over $800! East Side's clients were invited to a "free gift shop" where parents could shop for their families. Approximately 80 families were allowed to access the shop.
- On December 16 & 17, a group of 9 Northeast Bank employees volunteered their time to sort gifts donated to SACA (Southern Anoka Community Assistance).
- The Free Spirit Club Bingo Party was held on Wednesday, October 9 in the Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room. Approximately 100 Free Spirit Club members and their guests attended the day bingo session and 70 attended the evening session. A pasta meal was served and gifts cards were given as prizes to bingo winners. Contact a banker today for information on how you can join the Free Spirit Club!
- In early October, a group of Northeast Bank employees participated in the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce's Weed It & Reap Clean Up Days. Employees rolled up their sleeves, grabbed gloves and headed out in the neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis picking up trash and debris. The bank participates in the clean up days in the Fall and Spring.
- A team of 26 employees and their families joined the Northeast Bank team "Penny for Your Thoughts" to participate in the 12th annual Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance's Walk for Thought that was held on Saturday, September 7. The purpose of the event is to help support individuals across the state whose lives have been impacted by brain injury.
- Our annual Free Community Picnic was held at our Columbia Heights office on Friday, September 6. We served brats, hot dogs, chips, apples, pop and dilly bars to approximately 900 people. SACA was available at the picnic to accept donations. A total of 365 lbs of food was collected along with monetary donations totaling $145!
- In June 2013, Northeast Bank was honored to win the National Jefferson Award for small businesses for our community service at the national ceremony.
- This summer marked the 50th Anniversary of the Anoka County Park System. Al Kordiak, longtime Northeast Bank board member, was recognized for his contributions in establishing the park system, offering his service and leadership to their board from 1954 through 1986. Congratulations, Al!
- Northeast Bank was selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2013 and in 2012.
- Belva Rasmussen was inducted in the Minnesota Women Business Owner's Hall of Fame.