News & Events
Bank Sponsored Events
Community Banking Day - Thursday, April 16
We will sponsor the following FREE services at our Minneapolis location from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m:
FREE shredding service provided by First Shred
FREE* computer recycling provided by Our Vision Recycling
Sweet treats and coffee will be available at our three locations all day on Thursday, April 16.
*$5 charge for CRT monitors. Visit www.ourvisionrecycling.com for a list of items that can be recycled.
Free Spirit Club Tour/Events
Travel Spectacular - Tuesday, February 17
Our travel partners, Jefferson Lines and Premier World Discovery will present our 2015 tours. A light meal and beverages will be served, and drawing prizes will be distributed throughout the session.
It will be a fun time!
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. OR 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room - Minneapolis Office
77 Broadway Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
(please enter through the Marshall Street door)
This event is FREE and sponsored by Northeast Bank.
Call our Columbia Heights office at 763-788-9351 to RSVP.
- Minnesota Banker's Association (MBA) honors Northeast Bank with Community Champion Recognition. The MBA recognizes member financial institutions for their contributions, service and support for their local communities. Northeast Bank will be recognized at Bank Day a the Capitol on February 3, 2015.
- Northeast Bank is the recipient of the Large Business of the Year Award presented by the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce. Each year, the Chamber selects a winner in each of three business size categories. This award honors companies that take an active role in the community and create a positive working environment for their employees. Northeast Bank is honored to have been recognized with this award for the second time since 2007.
- On September 19, Eva Rasmussen was recognized as a Top Woman in Business by Finance and Commerce. Women selected for this honor have displayed strong leadership and mentoring skills, an elevated commitment to their communities and have culminated many professional accomplishments within the finance industry.
- Northeast Bank was honored to receive a Community Partner Award from Neighborhood HealthSource. The award was presented during Neighborhood HealthSource's annual fundraising breakfast held on September 18 at Jax Cafe in Northeast Minneapolis.
- Eighteen of Northeast Bank's staff volunteered at Feed My Starving Children at the Coon Rapids location on Tuesday, July 15. This group of volunteers helped pack 203 boxes of food which equals 43,948 meals! This is enough food to feed 120 kids for 1 year. Northeast Bank also made a monetary donation to help cover the cost of the food packed on this day.
- Dusten Johnson was recognized by Northwestern Financial Review as a Rising Star. This appointment was created to feature up-and-coming bankers from the Upper Midwest. Qualified candidates needed to be 45 years or younger and have 10 years of banking industry experience. Dusten was featured in the July edition of Northwestern Financial Review.
- On Tuesday, June 10 Larry Pietrzak was honored with the Pioneer Banker Recognition at the Minnesota Bankers Association annual meeting held in Brainerd, Minnesota. Larry was recognized for serving over 50 years in the financial industry.
- Thursday, May 29, nine Northeast Bank employees spent the day volunteering with Urban Homeworks. The group did various work rehabilitating a house which included shoveling dirt and clay out of a basement and putting up exterior siding.
- During the first week of May, two groups of Northeast Bank employees participated in the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce Spring Weed It and Reap Clean Up Days.
- In conjunction with Northeast Bank's celebration of community banking, Tom Beck, Sue Sjoselius and Andrea Murphy visited Prodeo Academy in Columbia Heights on May 2. Tom Beck, president and CEO of Northeast Bank, read the book "Money, Money, Honey Bunny to one of the kindergarten classes and then presented a copy of the book to each student.
- On Thursday, April 17, Northeast Bank partnered with First Shred and Our Vision Recycling to provide free shredding services and computer recycling to customers and the community at large at our Coon Rapids location. Approximately 45 individuals took advantage of these services.
- The Free Spirit Club Bingo Party was held on Wednesday, April 9 in the Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room. Approximately 95 Free Spirit Club members and their guests attended the day bingo session and 75 attended the evening session. Party subs were served and gifts cards were given as prizes to bingo winners. Contact a banker today for information on how you can join the Free Spirit Club!
- On February 13, Northeast Bank staff volunteered at East Side Neighborhood Services Annual Senior Valentine Luncheon. The luncheon is held as a celebration of the contributions that our seniors make daily to the surrounding community.
- The Free Spirit Club Travel Spectacular was held on Wednesday, February 19. Approximately 140 Free Spirit Club members and their guests enjoyed a pasta meal while learning about the great 2014 tours being offered by Jefferson Tours and Premier World Tours. Contact Kristy at 612-362-3249 if you are interested in receiving more information on FSC tours.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal ranked Northeast Bank as #21 of the top 25 metro-area SBA Lenders and as #16 of the top 25 metro-area women-owned businesses.
- Larry Pietrzak was awarded the Presidential Achievement Award at the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce 2014 Excellence in Business Awards Gala. Larry has served on the Chamber's board of directors and on countless community projects and events for many years. This award was given to Larry in appreciation for all he has done for the Chamber and the surrounding community.