News & Events
Bank Sponsored Events
Northeast Bank Holiday Open House
Join us Friday, December 12 for our Holiday Open House. Stop by one of our three locations to enjoy FREE hot chocolate, coffee and cookies. You will also have a chance to enter a drawing for a $50 gift card.
Free Spirit Club Tour/Events
Fall Bingo Party and Identity Theft Presentation
Wednesday, October 15
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. OR 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room - Minneapolis Office
77 Broadway Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
(please enter through the Marshall Street door)
Advanced registration is required and payment will be taken at the door.
Please call our Columbia Heights office at 763-788-9351 to register.
Cost: $2 for FSC members, $4 for Non-members
2014 Day Tours*
- Bluff Country of Mississippi - October 8 - $69 - FULL
- Doo-Wop Christmas Tour - December 12 - $79
2014 Extended Tours*
- Rails of New England - October 10 - 17, Double $2,495+ Each
*Contact Kristy at 612-362-3249 if you are interested in receiving more information on our tours.
- On September 19, Eva Rasmussen was recognized as a Top Woman in Business by Finance and Commerce. Women selected for this honor have displayed strong leadership and mentoring skills, an elevated commitment to their communities and have culminated many professional accomplishments within the finance industry.
- Northeast Bank was honored to receive a Community Partner Award from Neighborhood HealthSource. The award was presented during Neighborhood HealthSource's annual fundraising breakfast held on September 18 at Jax Cafe in Northeast Minneapolis.
- Eighteen of Northeast Bank's staff volunteered at Feed My Starving Children at the Coon Rapids location on Tuesday, July 15. This group of volunteers helped pack 203 boxes of food which equals 43,948 meals! This is enough food to feed 120 kids for 1 year. Northeast Bank also made a monetary donation to help cover the cost of the food packed on this day.
- Dusten Johnson was recognized by Northwestern Financial Review as a Rising Star. This appointment was created to feature up-and-coming bankers from the Upper Midwest. Qualified candidates needed to be 45 years or younger and have 10 years of banking industry experience. Dusten was featured in the July edition of Northwestern Financial Review.
- On Tuesday, June 10 Larry Pietrzak was honored with the Pioneer Banker Recognition at the Minnesota Bankers Association annual meeting held in Brainerd, Minnesota. Larry was recognized for serving over 50 years in the financial industry.
- Thursday, May 29, nine Northeast Bank employees spent the day volunteering with Urban Homeworks. The group did various work rehabilitating a house which included shoveling dirt and clay out of a basement and putting up exterior siding.
- During the first week of May, two groups of Northeast Bank employees participated in the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce Spring Weed It and Reap Clean Up Days.
- In conjunction with Northeast Bank's celebration of community banking, Tom Beck, Sue Sjoselius and Andrea Murphy visited Prodeo Academy in Columbia Heights on May 2. Tom Beck, president and CEO of Northeast Bank, read the book "Money, Money, Honey Bunny to one of the kindergarten classes and then presented a copy of the book to each student.
- On Thursday, April 17, Northeast Bank partnered with First Shred and Our Vision Recycling to provide free shredding services and computer recycling to customers and the community at large at our Coon Rapids location. Approximately 45 individuals took advantage of these services.
- The Free Spirit Club Bingo Party was held on Wednesday, April 9 in the Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room. Approximately 95 Free Spirit Club members and their guests attended the day bingo session and 75 attended the evening session. Party subs were served and gifts cards were given as prizes to bingo winners. Contact a banker today for information on how you can join the Free Spirit Club!
- On February 13, Northeast Bank staff volunteered at East Side Neighborhood Services Annual Senior Valentine Luncheon. The luncheon is held as a celebration of the contributions that our seniors make daily to the surrounding community.
- The Free Spirit Club Travel Spectacular was held on Wednesday, February 19. Approximately 140 Free Spirit Club members and their guests enjoyed a pasta meal while learning about the great 2014 tours being offered by Jefferson Tours and Premier World Tours. Contact Kristy at 612-362-3249 if you are interested in receiving more information on FSC tours.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal ranked Northeast Bank as #21 of the top 25 metro-area SBA Lenders and as #16 of the top 25 metro-area women-owned businesses.
- Larry Pietrzak was awarded the Presidential Achievement Award at the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce 2014 Excellence in Business Awards Gala. Larry has served on the Chamber's board of directors and on countless community projects and events for many years. This award was given to Larry in appreciation for all he has done for the Chamber and the surrounding community.
- Northeast Bank participated in East Side Neighborhood Service's Holiday Gift Drive. Donation bins were set up in our Minneapolis office. Items collected through the Bank had an estimated value of over $800! East Side's clients were invited to a "free gift shop" where parents could shop for their families. Approximately 80 families were allowed to access the shop.
- On December 16 & 17, a group of 9 Northeast Bank employees volunteered their time to sort gifts donated to SACA (Southern Anoka Community Assistance).
- The Free Spirit Club Bingo Party was held on Wednesday, October 9 in the Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room. Approximately 100 Free Spirit Club members and their guests attended the day bingo session and 70 attended the evening session. A pasta meal was served and gifts cards were given as prizes to bingo winners. Contact a banker today for information on how you can join the Free Spirit Club!
- In early October, a group of Northeast Bank employees participated in the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce's Weed It & Reap Clean Up Days. Employees rolled up their sleeves, grabbed gloves and headed out in the neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis picking up trash and debris. The bank participates in the clean up days in the Fall and Spring.
- A team of 26 employees and their families joined the Northeast Bank team "Penny for Your Thoughts" to participate in the 12th annual Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance's Walk for Thought that was held on Saturday, September 7. The purpose of the event is to help support individuals across the state whose lives have been impacted by brain injury.
- Our annual Free Community Picnic was held at our Columbia Heights office on Friday, September 6. We served brats, hot dogs, chips, apples, pop and dilly bars to approximately 900 people. SACA was available at the picnic to accept donations. A total of 365 lbs of food was collected along with monetary donations totaling $145!
- In June 2013, Northeast Bank was honored to win the National Jefferson Award for small businesses for our community service at the national ceremony.
- This summer marked the 50th Anniversary of the Anoka County Park System. Al Kordiak, longtime Northeast Bank board member, was recognized for his contributions in establishing the park system, offering his service and leadership to their board from 1954 through 1986. Congratulations, Al!
- Northeast Bank was selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2013 and in 2012.
- Belva Rasmussen was inducted in the Minnesota Women Business Owner's Hall of Fame.