News & Events
Bank Sponsored Events
The annual Northeast Bank Holiday Open House will take place on Friday, December 13, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at all bank locations.
Customers are welcome to enjoy FREE coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies. People at all locations are also invited to enter a free drawing for the following prizes:
- $50 Jax Cafe Gift Certificate
- $50 Rainbow Foods Gift Card
- $50 Target Gift Card
No purchase or accounts necessary to participate.
Free Spirit Club Tour/Events
- All is Calm Tour Saturday, December 21 All Day
2013 Highlights to Date
- The Free Spirit Club Bingo Party was held on Wednesday, October 9 in the Walter C. Rasmussen Community Room. Approximately 100 Free Spirit Club members and their guests attended the day bingo session and 70 attended the evening session. A pasta meal was served and gifts cards were given as prizes to bingo winners. Contact a banker today for information on how you can join the Free Spirit Club!
- In early October, a group of Northeast Bank employees participated in the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce's Weed It & Reap Clean Up Days. Employees rolled up their sleeves, grabbed gloves and headed out in the neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis picking up trash and debris. The bank participates in the clean up days in the Fall and Spring.
- A team of 26 employees and their families joined the Northeast Bank team "Penny for Your Thoughts" to participate in the 12th annual Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance's Walk for Thought that was held on Saturday, September 7. The purpose of the event is to help support individuals across the state whose lives have been impacted by brain injury.
- Our annual Free Community Picnic was held at our Columbia Heights office on Friday, September 6. We served brats, hot dogs, chips, apples, pop and dilly bars to approximately 900 people. SACA was available at the picnic to accept donations. A total of 365 lbs of food was collected along with monetary donations totaling $145!
- In June 2013, Northeast Bank was honored to win the National Jefferson Award for small businesses for our community service at the national ceremony.
- This summer marked the 50th Anniversary of the Anoka County Park System. Al Kordiak, longtime Northeast Bank board member, was recognized for his contributions in establishing the park system, offering his service and leadership to their board from 1954 through 1986. Congratulations, Al!
- Northeast Bank was selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2013 and in 2012.
- Northeast Bank was awarded the 2012 Jefferson Award for community service for Minnesota businesses. The American Institute of Public Service established the Jefferson Awards as a Noble Prize for community and public service.
- Belva Rasmussen was inducted in the Minnesota Women Business Owner's Hall of Fame.
- Northeast Bank staff and board members contributed approximately 4,000 hours in community service. Officers, staff and board members are associated with over 50 nonprofits.
- Northeast Bank was the proud recipient of the 2012 People Development Award as recognized by the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce.
- Belva Rasmussen was recognized with a Certificate of Achievement by the City of Minneapolis for her many accomplishments, including her ongoing dedication to community service.
- The Greater Twin Cities United Way recognized Northeast Bank for achieving 110% giving during its 2012 campaign.
- Northeast Bank is a Top 25 Small Business Administration (SBA) lender. Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal researches and publishes this list annually.
- The Walter C. Rasmussen-Northeast Bank Foundation assisted over 60 nonprofit agencies.
- Northeast Bank hosted 800 guests at our annual community picnic. In conjunction with the picnic, the East Side Neighborhood Services Senior Food Shelf collected approximately 450 pounds of food.