We offer more than just another job.
- Open Positions
TELLER I - Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality customer service, balance cash drawer, maintain maximum security over bank money and operate computer software in a quick and efficient manner.
HOURS: 10-15 hours/week with flexibility
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides quality customer service including greeting customers by name, smiling, and thanking every customer. Acts professionally including conversations with customers and employees in person and on the phone. Keeps confidentiality of customers within those that need to know. Work area is neat and presentable to customers. Arrives on time, keeps breaks and lunches within appropriate time frame.
2. Running cash recyclers on a daily basis. Removing cash from recyclers when they have reached their limits and adding the cash to the vault totals. Balancing the recyclers at the end of the day with totals on Jack Henry.
3. Prepares daily settlement of work. Accurate in balancing drawer and counting cash. Maintain maximum security over bank assets, ensuring cash and negotiable items are secure at all times. Stays within established drawer limits. Processes currency transaction reports, checks identification, signatures, stop payments, etc. Scrutinizes negotiable instruments with potential for fraud. Process personal and bank money orders, cash advances, VISA gift cards, savings bonds, etc. efficiently. Maintain and balance general ledger accounts in a timely manner. Investigate and correct errors.
4. Inform customers of banking products beneficial to the customer. Cross sell and/or refer to other personnel when need arises. Able to answer basic customer questions and follows up with customer to make sure they were able to have all of their questions answered.
5. Communicates effectively with supervisor, manager, and co-workers. Reads and follows through with voicemail and e-mail. Effectively uses scanners, counters, and software (especially email).
• High school diploma or general education degree
• A minimum of 1 to 2 years cashier experience
• Or teller experience (Teller II)
• 2 years teller experience (Sr. Teller)
• Professional, effective verbal communication skills
• Ability to deliver "above average" customer service
• Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
• Medium level of computer literacy
• Maintains confidentiality
• Maintains high level of focus and accuracy
• Balancing Record
• Quality of Customer Service
• Safety of Cash
• Requires near vision
• Noise level in the area is usually moderate
• Must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk and hear to perform the job
• Ability to lift coin/cash weighing up to 25 pounds
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Complete the job application at Jobs in Minneapolis.
Benefits for full time & part time over 20 hours/week:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) and Employment Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Free parking
- Professional work environment
- Friendly employees
- Flexible hours (depending upon position)
- Advancement potential
Thank you for your interest in Northeast Bank. If you have been referred to us by an employee, please tell us who referred you.
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Vets/Disability Employer
Northeast Bank was the proud recipient of the 2012 People Development Award as recognized by the Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce. The Bank was also selected as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine in 2012 and 2013.